Last updated: July 12, 2021
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how carrygate.com (the “Site” or “we”) collects, uses, discloses and process your Personal Information when you visit or make a purchase from the Site. By using carrygate.com, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Data We Collect?
The following chart details the categories of Personal Data that we and the vendors that perform services on our behalf, collect.
Category of Personal Data
Examples of Personal Data Collected
What is the source of this Personal Data?
Name, physical address, online identifier, IP address, mobile device IDs, email address, social media profile IDs, account name and password, photo, and video.
You / Other Parties
Customer records identified by state law (including the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)))
Name, address, telephone number, and payment card information.
You / Other Parties
Shopping history or purchase data, such as which products you have searched for, added to your cart, purchased, or returned. Information you submit or post as part of a product review or survey.
You / Other Parties
Demographic information and preferences
Age, gender, preferences, interests, date of birth, age or age range, general geographic location, favorite products, and lifestyle information.
You / Other Parties
Internet or other similar network activity information
Webpage interaction information and other electronic communications and content from the use of the Services (such as search history, which areas of our websites you visit and for how long, screen captures, mouse movements, content entry, which links you click on, and which products you view), browser type, device and operating system, and information about the site you came from (referral site) or the site you go to when you leave us. We may also embed web beacons, tags, and pixels in the emails we send to you to help us understand how you interact with those messages, such as whether and when you opened an email or clicked on any content within the email.
You / Other Parties
You / Other Parties
Comments and suggestions, testimonials, or other feedback you send us about what you may have liked (or disliked) about your experience in using our products or services.
You / Other Parties
Your content and posts and other submissions
Content that you create and share, including photos, videos, blogs, personal stories, and other similar media or content. Contact information you share when you refer others that may be interested in our services or products.
You / Other Parties
Audio / Visual information
Recorded customer service calls and video you share about your preferences and experiences with our products or services.
You / Other Parties
Name, address, phone number, email address, Resume/CV, cover letter, degrees and education information, languages spoken, work authorization status, job network profile.
You / Other Parties
Using the other pieces of personal data collected about you, we draw inferences about you, reflecting what we believe to be your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, and attitudes.
Purposes for Which We Collect and Use Your Personal Data
We collect and use the above categories of Personal Data for the following business and commercial purposes:
- To meet or fulfill the reason you provided the information to us.
- To communicate with you about the Services, including Service announcements, updates or offers.
- To provide the Services, including support and assistance for the Services.
- To create and manage your account or other user profiles.
- To send you marketing materials, including information about promotions, discounts, and new products.
- To personalize website content and communications based on your preferences.
- To serve you targeted offers and ads.
- To process orders or other transactions.
- To respond to user inquiries and fulfill user requests.
- To improve and develop the Services and other products and services, including testing, research, analysis and product development.
- To protect against, deter, respond to, or investigate fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions, and to maintain the safety, security and integrity of our Services.
- To comply with our legal or contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our Terms of Service.
- To evaluate job applicants.
- To verify your identity in relation to requests you make about your Personal Data.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- For any other business purpose we disclose to you or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
Sources From Which We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect the above categories of Personal Data about you from various sources, directly and indirectly, including from the following:
- We collect Personal Data directly from you – For example, when you create an account, make a purchase, participate in a promotion, contact us, sign up for our emails, submit a review, apply for a job, or otherwise provide information to us.
We collect Personal Data automatically from your devices – The Services use a variety of methods, such as cookies, beacons, and pixel tags to enable us and other parties to automatically collect information about you in connection with your use of our Services, such as when you interact with our websites, our ads, our other digital content, or our email messages. Cookies are small pieces of data – usually text files – placed on your computer, tablet, phone, or similar device when you use that device to visit our Services. We may also supplement the information we collect from you with information received from third parties, including third parties that have placed their own tracking tools on your device(s). To learn more about your choices for these tracking tools, see the Your Choices About How We Use Your Personal Data section below.
We use the following types of Cookies:
- Essential Cookies. Essential Cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Services. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Services, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Services. These Cookies help us to personalize our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Performance/Analytical Cookies. Performance/Analytical Cookies allow us to understand how visitors use our Services such as by collecting information about the number of visitors to the Services, what pages visitors view on our Services and how long visitors are viewing pages on the Services. Performance/Analytical Cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our campaigns and the Services’ content for those who engage with our advertising.
- Retargeting/Advertising Cookies. Retargeting/Advertising Cookies collect data about your online activity and identify your interests so that we can provide advertising that we believe is relevant to you.
- We collect Personal Data from other parties, which may include:
- Service providers. For example, we may get information from analytics service providers who analyze how you interact and engage with the Services, or from vendors that host or maintain our websites or send emails for us. We may also get information from vendors that provide customer support on our behalf. Our due diligence vendors may also give us information.
- Social networks connected to the services. If you provide your social network account credentials to us or otherwise sign in to the Services through a third-party site or service, you understand some content and/or information in those accounts may be transmitted into your account with us.
- Advertising and business partners. We may receive information about you from our marketing agencies, advertising technology vendors, and other companies who assist us with marketing or promotional services related to how you interact with our websites, products, services, advertisements or communications.
- Others. We may also offer features that let your friends give us your information.
- We combine information from different places – We may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. Or we may combine information we get from another party with information we already have. We may also aggregate your information with other consumers’ information to understand preferences and trends over time.
Who We Share Your Personal Data With
To the extent permitted by law, each of the above categories of Personal Data we collect may be disclosed to the following categories of parties:
- to a potential acquirer or receiver in the event of any actual or proposed reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, or to another company if there is a change to our corporate structure. We may also share your information with others as they conduct diligence;
- to strategic partners with whom we may enter into a relationship for promotional activities or for business opportunities;
- to companies that assist with or deliver our online and email advertisements, such as social media platforms, advertising networks, and ad tech companies;
- to judicial, governmental, investigatory, or regulatory entities and other parties in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves, our customers, or others, such as pursuant to a court order, subpoena, or government or law enforcement investigation, or in relation to the investigation, prevention, or remediation of actual or suspected fraud or other wrongdoing, or to enforce, establish, exercise, defend or apply our agreements or legal claims, or to protect our rights or the rights of others;
- to our online and email advertisers and other vendors who may provide cookies or other similar technologies for use on our website or in our emails; or
- as otherwise described to you from time to time or as permitted or required by law.
Your Choices About How We Use Your Personal Data
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails and text messages. As noted above, we may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers or email you about your use of the Services. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us, which helps us improve our Services. If you do not want to receive promotional emails from us, please indicate your preference by following the instructions in any promotional email you get from us, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can control certain cookies and tracking tools. Your browser can help you manage cookies. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Services more efficient, and some of our Services will not function properly. We also use Google Analytics to better understand how our users interact with our websites. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Our Do Not Track Policy. Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our website may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us ask whether we have disclosed your Personal Data to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; in order to submit such a request, please contact us at email@example.com with subject “Privacy Note”
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California residents also have the right to make more specific requests with regard to their Personal Data, as outlined in this section:
- Access – California residents have the right to request certain information about our collection and use of your Personal Data over the past 12 months. You may request:
- The categories of Personal Data that we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which that Personal Data was collected.
- The categories of Personal Data we sold or disclosed.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Data.
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Data.
- The specific pieces of Personal Data that we have collected about you.
- Deletion – California residents have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data that we have collected from you. Under the CCPA, this right is subject to certain exceptions: for example, we may need to retain your Personal Data to provide you with the Services or complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If your deletion request is subject to one of these exceptions, we may deny your deletion request.
- Do Not Sell My Personal Information – Under the CCPA, some transfers of Personal Data related to providing you with personalized ads may be considered a “sale,” even if no money is exchanged. As a result, we want to make sure you have choices under this broad definition of “sale” under the CCPA. You may opt out by using this link: Do Not Sell My Personal Information. You can also opt out of the sale of your Personal Data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cookie- selections are specific to the device and browser you are using. Your selections are deleted whenever you clear your cookies or browser’s cache.
Exercising Your CCPA Rights
To exercise the CCPA rights described above, you must send us a request that (1) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Data, and (2) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests in accordance with applicable California law. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us. We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. You do not need an account to submit a valid request.
California residents may submit a request by emailing us at: email@example.com with the subject “Privacy Note”
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. Except as otherwise provided by applicable California law, note that for purposes of these requests under this Section, Personal Data does not include information about job applicants, employees and other of our personnel or information about employees and other representatives of third-party entities we may interact with.
We Will Not Discriminate Against You for Exercising Your Rights Under the CCPA
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. We will not deny you our goods or services, charge you different prices or rates, or provide you a lower quality of goods and services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Notice of Financial Incentive
We may offer you financial incentives like discounts or other benefits for the collection, retention, and use of your email address if you sign up to receive our promotional emails. If you change your mind and would like to stop getting our promotional emails, you can unsubscribe any time by following the instructions in any promotional email you get from us, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our offers and incentives generally reflect the value of the relationships that we have with the individuals who participate in these programs.
Nevada Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the “sale” of certain Personal Data to third parties (as defined in applicable Nevada law). You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account.
Data Security and Retention
We use a variety of technical, administrative, and organizational security measures designed to maintain the safety of your Personal Data. Despite our efforts, no website, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You can help keep your data safe by taking reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
Personal Data of Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from children under 18; if you are a child under 18, please do not attempt to register for or otherwise use the Services or send us any Personal Data. If you believe that a child under 18 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org